Q: What do the trouble codes/messages with the MyKey system mean?

What do the trouble codes/messages with the MyKey system mean?

Your car’s MyKey system is an ideal solution for parents with drivers still learning the ropes or for others who need to learn how to drive responsibly, but like all electronic and computerized systems, there can be issues. The MyKey system is designed to give you information about problems it encounters. Here’s what you need to know about those messages:

Cannot Create a MyKey:

• The key is already a MyKey.

• The key is the last known admin key for the car.

• The anti-theft system is disabled.

• You used a MyKey programmed remote start system to crank the car.

Cannot Program the MyKey Optional Settings:

• The key’s a MyKey (you have to use an admin key).

• There are no MyKeys setup for the car.

• You used a remote start system set up as a MyKey to crank the engine.

Cannot Clear MyKey:

• The key is a MyKey.

• There are no MyKeys in the system.

• You used a remote start system programmed as a MyKey to crank the engine.

Lost the Only Admin Key:

• You’ll need to get a new admin key.

Lost Any Key:

• You will need to program a spare key.

All Your Keys Are Programmed as MyKeys:

• You’ll need to use the remote start system to program a key as an admin key.

MyKey Programmed Total Includes an Extra:

• There’s an extra key that has been programmed as a MyKey.

• The remote start system is counted as a MyKey because of how it’s programmed.

Admin Keys Programed Total Includes an Extra:

• One of the MyKeys has been reset to an admin key.

• You have a remote start system programmed as an admin key.

MyKey Miles Don’t Compound:

• The MyKey isn’t being used.

• The mileage/system is being reset.

3. What do the trouble codes/messages with the MyKey system mean?