Q: What do the door ajar messages mean in the message center?

What do the door ajar messages mean in the message center?

While your car is equipped with a Door Ajar Light, it can also display messages about open doors in the message center. This actually provides you with more information than the light – the message center will actually specify which door is open. There’s also a separate warning message if the liftgate or rear glass is left open. Here are the warnings to look for:

• Driver door ajar
  • Passenger door ajar
  • Rear left door ajar
  • Rear right door ajar

To turn off the warning message, open and close the door indicated. If the message does not clear, have the door switch inspected.