Q: What do the buttons do on the master key?

What do the buttons do on the master key?

A: Your Accord is equipped with a keyless entr...

Your Accord is equipped with a keyless entry system, and the master key is where you interact with that system. There are several buttons here, all of which do something different:

• Lock: This button will lock the doors on your car. Your lights will flash when you do this. Hold the lock button for 5 seconds to engage the security system (if your car is equipped with an alarm).

• Unlock: This button unlocks the doors. One press unlocks only the driver’s side door, but two presses will unlock all doors. You’ll notice your lights flash when you press the button.

• LED: This is simply a flashing LED that lets you know when your battery begins to get low.

• Trunk: Press and hold this button and the trunk will unlock. Note that this will not work if the key is in the switch, though.

• Panic: Press and hold this button for two seconds to sound the horn and attract attention. Pressing any other button on the remote or turning the key in the ignition to the on position will cancel the alarm.