Q: What do i need to do to replaceoil pan gasket on 07 jeep compass

I am wonderimg is i can remove the oil pan without takinh tension off the belt as there are three bolt connected to the pan from on of the belt driven components

A: Hello, thanks for writing in about your Jee...

Hello, thanks for writing in about your Jeep Compass. Check the location of the other bolts on that component to be sure they are adequately holding it in place before removing the three bolts to the pan. If there are sufficient bolts holding it in place, you should be able to remove those bolts. If you'd like some help with this or run into any issues, consider Your Mechanic, as one of our technicians can come to you and ensure a proper replacement of your oil pan gasket.