Q: What do I need to do for my thermostat

The thermostat was changed and now the coolant reservoir is getting hot why is this happening. The right side hose is hot and the left side is cool.

Hello. If the coolant overflow reservoir is getting hot, it’s likely that you have either too much coolant inside the cooling system (not mixed with distilled water correctly). As coolant gets hot it expands quite a bit; and will overflow into the coolant reservoir. The best way to resolve this issue is to have a professional mobile mechanic flush your radiator and coolant system with the right blend of 50 / 50 ratio coolant to distilled water mixture. If the engine on your BMW is not overheating, then this can be done at your convenience, but should be taken car of sooner rather than later to avoid potential damage.

3. What do I need to do for my thermostat