Q: What could make a grinding sound from the front tire of my truck?

My truck makes a grinding noise when I move, either foward or backwards, and it comes from the passenger side front tire.

A: Hello, thanks for writing in about your Che...

Hello, thanks for writing in about your Chevrolet Silverado 1500. From what you’ve described it could be one of a few things. You may have brake pad that is worn to the metal or has excessive metal in the pads. Other possibilities include a bad wheel bearing or a metal rotor backing plate is bent and hitting the rotor. I suggest having a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the noise firsthand to pinpoint the issue.