Q: What could make a grinding sound from the front tire of my truck?

My truck makes a grinding noise when I move, either foward or backwards, and it comes from the passenger side front tire.

Hello, thanks for writing in about your Chevrolet Silverado 1500. From what you’ve described it could be one of a few things. You may have brake pad that is worn to the metal or has excessive metal in the pads. Other possibilities include a bad wheel bearing or a metal rotor backing plate is bent and hitting the rotor. I suggest having a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the noise firsthand to pinpoint the issue.

3. What could make a grinding sound from the front tire of my truck?