Q: What could cause this vibration?

Started 2 weeks ago, speeds of 45 and more driving straight and on turns, shaking that feels like the front tires are going to fall off, but when I take foot off gas pedal it stops. Can feel the shaking on floor and only noise is the rumble/shaking. I got 4 New tires with balancing, didn't help. Has a mechanic take it for a drive he was stumped and doesn't know, he thought a u joint but it's front wheel drive

A: Hi there. If the vibration goes away when y...

Hi there. If the vibration goes away when you release the gas pedal then chances are you either have a bad cv axle or an engine mount that is failing. Both of these will cause this to occur as they will have excessive play which allows for movement that should not be there. I usually get the vehicle in the air and inspect these parts. If you want to have this vibration looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose this vibration and help you make the necessary repairs.