Q: what could cause this?

We have replaced the top radiator hose (it blew a hole in it) we replaced the radiator(seam busted after replacing hose). Before this replaced the thermostat and cap. We also replaced heater core and water pump in the last two weeks. The van is not overheating. The heat was not working except when was stopped (not always) after changing all the above the heat is working majority of the time but when I go to stop it cools way down (take off again gets hot again). Also after driving for little park and turn off van hear gurgling and the thermostat does not seem to be opening (this is why we put two new thermostats and gaskets in. Any solutions? A different kind of thermostat? Or another new cap? Help please

Hi there:

It’s not uncommon for multiple cooling system components to fail or break within a close proximity of time. In most cases, the initial problem occurs when a coolant leak begins. As coolant goes away, air bubbles typically fill the void inside the cooling system. If the volume of air increases inside the cooling system, it can create additional pressure (as coolant expands as it gets hotter - which is the purpose of the overflow reservoir). When it comes to fixing the type of problems you appear to be experiencing with your T & C, the best thing is to have a professional mechanic complete a cooling system inspection to pinpoint why you’re continuing to experience these issues. Also, in regards to replacement parts, it’s always best to go with OEM as opposed to aftermarket equivalent; especially for thermostats and critical cooling system components.

3. what could cause this?