Q: What could cause the truck not to turn on?

I bought a rebuilt carburetor from Napa put it on and now my truck cranks but won't turn on all vacuum ports are covered the fuel pump works the carb is getting fuel what could the problem be?

Your engine needs three things to start: fuel, compression, and spark. If you are missing any of these then your engine will not start. I recommend checking to see if the carburetor is getting fuel by using a small spray bottle of fuel and when someone cranks the engine spray a little fuel before each time you crank it in to the carburetor to see if the engine starts and then stalls quickly. If it does, then the carburetor float inside the needle and seat is stuck not letting in fuel.

Another method of checking is to see if fuel squirts into the carburetor when the gas pedal is pumped. If you are getting fuel then check for spark at a spark plug. If you are getting no spark, check at the coil for spark and if you do, but not with the plug, then change the cap and rotor. If you have spark and fuel then call a mechanic to diagnose a no or low compression situation in the engine. If you need help with this, contact a professional mechanic who can diagnose why your car is not starting firsthand.