Q: What could cause my gauges to go spastic intermittently?

This started maybe 2 wks ago, it's frequency growing. I'll be driving down the road and hear a ding like when you leave your blinker on. With the ding, 2 idiot lights (ABS Brakes and Brake) flash, the odom and speeddom needles dance for a second and the radio will cut in and out? Guess I should say my Check Engine Light has been on a couple months+ but for radiator and/or thermistat issues. The van smells very hot when i stop. Does tHis sound electrical or possibly a fuse or relay? How can I tell? I have a video of it happening if that would help? Thank you in advance for your support. Diana

A: I believe that. The Town & Country van ...

I believe that. The Town & Country van is crying for some care. The running hot/overheating situation is priority number one. That can cook your engine and it will all be over. The radiator cooling fans should be heard running when it is getting hot. The cooling system and radiator should be pressure tested, diagnosed, and repaired. Next comes the intermittent instrument cluster issue. A scan tool is needed to check for trouble codes in all the control modules of your Chrysler. Depending on what the results of those diagnostics are, the power and ground wiring connections, relays, and possibly the ignition switch need to be checked. If you want to have this checked by a professional, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the Check Engine Light and proceed to repair the symptoms your car is experiencing.