Q: What could be the problem? My GTI 5 is showing these codes after diagnosing low pressure regulation, fuel pump circuit.

its normally cuts off after idling for some time

Hi there. If you are getting codes for the fuel pump circuit, then there could be a problem with the fuel pump, fuel pump relay, or the electrical wiring. First check the fuel pump relay and see if the relay is clicking on when the ignition key is turned to the ’ON’ position. If the relay does not click, then remove the relay and use a test light and check for power to the relay. If there is no power to the relay, then there is an electrical issue between the relay housing and the ignition switch. If there is power to the relay, then I recommend replacing the relay. If the relay is clicking, then either there is a break in the wiring between the fuel pump or the fuel pump is getting hot and needs replaced. If you need further assistance with your check engine light fuel pump issue, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• What could be the problem? My GTI 5 is showing these codes after diagnosing low pressure regulation, fuel pump circuit.