Q: What could be possibly causing this noise I hear when I turn my steering wheel?

I recently had a new rack and pin set installed on my car. When I got the car back I found I also needed my struts replaced on the front. I just purchased the proper struts from Orielly's Auto Parts. The issue that I'm having is that after about a day of driving my car it started making a loud whining noise when you turn the steering wheel in either direction. My brake light and my dcs steering sytem light came on also. I checked the power steering fluid reservoir and it is full though I don't know if the mechanic who replaced the rack and pin system installed the correct fluid. What could be causing this noise and what do I need to do to fix it?

The first thing to check is the condition and tightness of the power steering belt. They usually will make a screeching sound, but belts can produce any variety of noises. Next I think you do want to verify that the reservoir has the correct fluid. More and more the car makers are all using their own unique fluids in the power steering now, so if the mechanic introduced some kind of generic fluid, there might be some noises. If you don’t have the specific information from the mechanic, the only way you can be sure is to remove the fluid with a turkey baster or some other suction device and replace it. If the noise you are getting is a kind of buzzing hum, you may have foam in the fluid and that will eventually solve itself. you can help the process along by turning the wheel to full lock in either direction several times. The Warning lights you are getting may be because the steering position sensor needs to be centered. That is done by starting the car with the steering in the center, turn the wheel to full left lock, then turn to full right lock, then back to the center. If the light then goes out, you haven’t got anything more to worry about. If you still continue to have problems, You can contact your mechanic to have a technician come to your home or office to check out your car there on the spot and tell you what needs to be done to solve your problem.

3. What could be possibly causing this noise I hear when I turn my steering wheel?