Q: What could be building up pressure to where it is having my radiatior hose blow off the top of the radiator?

I noticed a leak coming from where my radiatior hose connects to the radiator and saw that it had come slightly loose. Being that the end of the radiator was very short I got a another radiator so that I could securely fit the hose on. But now everytime the car gets to the right temperature something is causing the hose to pop off. Someone suggested that it's from having a blown head Gasket, although I never had any symptoms of such issue.

Hello, thanks for writing in. The blown head gasket could be a possibility. Over time the antifreeze can chemically become acidic and break down the head gasket. This will introduce engine compression into the coolant system, and when this happens, high pressure is produced which can blow the radiator hose off. A faulty radiator cap also could be the cause of this issue. There are tests that can be performed to confirm this. If you’d like, a certified YourMechanic technician can come to your location to perform a radiator cap pressure test on your vehicle.

• What could be building up pressure to where it is having my radiatior hose blow off the top of the radiator?