Q: What cause transmission to go slow when foot in gas and times it will get to speed fast?

My truck at times thinks it's in another gear so it goes slow till it hits the gear it thinks it is in.

Hi there. A transmission works best when the internal hydraulic lines are clear and free of debris. When the inner hydraulic lines become clogged with dirt, debris or transmission fluid that is thickening, the transmission tends to slip - causing the problems you are describing. It’s also common for torque converter to wear out and cause similar symptoms. Sometimes completing a transmission fluid flush will help resolve this problem.

3. What cause transmission to go slow when foot in gas and times it will get to speed fast?