Q: What can possibly be the problem and how much am I looking at?

My uncle put a new aftermarket fuel pump in the car this past summer. He hasn't driven it much. But I have been driving it the past two days and it drives great. Only this morning I was going up at mountain where I live and the engine started stalling (kinda how it does when you run out of gas). So we checked the pressure and there wasn't any pressure at all. And I put a new relay and it still won't crank. Or sometimes it will crank but when you give it gas it'll die out. Can you tell me if I'm looking at buying another water pump? Or trash in the filter? Whatever else can be the issue and how to check it. And if it is the water pump how it the car going through so many, what can be causing them to go out

It’s always best to use OEM parts, in this case an AC Delco or GM fuel pump. Aftermarket parts introduce uncertainties, and often outright problems, in terms of fit and service life. If the fuel pump is getting full battery voltage and yet the pump is not delivering the required pressure, then the pump is defective. You indicate the vehicle is not driven often. If gas sits in the tank, particularly a partially filled tank with lots of air, the gas ages relatively rapidly. Commencing as early as 3 months, gas transforms to varnish and the volatiles just evaporate. Bad gas can plug up the filter screen in the fuel pump. If you have determined that the pump is faulty and want it replaced, YourMechanic can dispatch a certified mechanic to replace the pump for you. Simply request fuel pump replacement service.

3. What can possibly be the problem and how much am I looking at?