Q: What can damage my master key?

What can damage my master key?

A: The master key for your Accord contains the...

The master key for your Accord contains the remote control used for the keyless entry system. It’s also programmed to work with your car’s ignition and immobilizer system. It’s as much an electronic system as it is a mechanical one, and several things can damage it.

• Liquids: Submerging your key can harm the electronics. Even contact with spills may be enough to cause a problem, so keep it safe and dry.

• Heat: High temperatures can cause damage to your key, so keep it away from heat and out of direct sunlight.

• Dropping: Dropping the key, or having a heavy object set or dropped onto it, can damage the electronics.