Q: What can cause the car stopped stay in a low gear and not really shift

When drive the car can't accelerate fast and it stays in low gears and doesn't really go beyond 45

This may be a sign of a faulty transmission control solenoid. Modern automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car’s computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear. When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause a delay in gear shifting or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all. A certified YourMechanic technician can come to your location to help you diagnose your issue with gear shifting and suggest repairs to your vehicle.

• What can cause the car stopped stay in a low gear and not really shift