Q: What can cause the car stopped stay in a low gear and not really shift

When drive the car can't accelerate fast and it stays in low gears and doesn't really go beyond 45

This may be a sign of a faulty transmission control solenoid. Modern automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car’s computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear. When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause a delay in gear shifting or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all. A certified YourMechanic technician can come to your location to help you diagnose your issue with gear shifting and suggest repairs to your vehicle.

3. What can cause the car stopped stay in a low gear and not really shift