Q: What are the main problems that could be wrong?

I'm on a time constraint with this truck I was going to look at today. It's selling for 2400 but there are multiple other people going to see it and I can't take it to my mechanic and the times that are available on this site for someone to come out and look at it are too late. I'm just wondering what general problems come along with this make and model that may occur and if they would be worth putting money into to fix. http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/5629356025.html there is nothing visibly wrong with the truck but you can't judge a book by its cover.

The vehicle shows it has had very few technical problems listed. This vehicle has had four different recalls for the fuel pump wire connection, tail lamp socket, and two different ones for headlights.

These would be taken care of by a dealer and should be free to get done if the owner did not get them yet. As far as looking at the vehicle, you need to look under the vehicle and engine for excessive rust or corroded brake lines and body. Be sure to look for oil leaks as well. Bald tires or uneven wear on tires indicate a problem as well so that’s another thing you’ll need to check. I hope this helps with your choice.

If there is still time and you want someone to help you with these checks, feel free to contact a certified mechanic who can come perform a pre-purchase inspection of the car in order to assess its overall condition before you decide to make the purchase.