Q: What are the front seat belt usage sensors?

What are the front seat belt usage sensors?

While your car is equipped with advanced air bags, you should never rely on those alone to protect you in the event of an accident. Your car’s seat belts are actually much more important. Not wearing your seat belt can cause more serious injuries during an accident, as well. To help prevent those injuries from occurring, your car has usage sensors on both front seat belts. These tell the system if the seat belts are in use, and if not, the computer adjusts the inflation amount of the air bag.

Tips

• Always wear your seat belt. Never rely on the air bags to protect you in an accident.

• Make sure your seat belt is positioned correctly. The lap belt should be across your hips and the shoulder belt should go across your chest and over your shoulder.

3. What are the front seat belt usage sensors?