Q: What are the different seat belt locking modes used?

What are the different seat belt locking modes used?

The days when seat belts were just seat belts are largely behind us. Your car actually has a sophisticated restraint system that’s capable of offering two different locking modes for the seat belts in your car.

• Vehicle Sensitive Mode: This is the only locking mode used for the driver front seat belt, but the passenger front and rear belts can use this mode, as well as Automatic Locking mode. In Vehicle Sensitive mode, the shoulder belt is free to move so you can adjust it, but will lock under certain conditions (sudden stops, for instance).

• Automatic Locking Mode: This mode keeps the shoulder belt locked so that it will not extend. You’ll need to engage this mode manually. It’s especially important for securing car seats and booster seats in the car, but can be used in other situations.

3. What are the different seat belt locking modes used?