Q: What are the consumables and replacement parts

What are the consumables and replacement parts

A: The difference between a consumables and re...

The difference between a consumables and replacement part is that any component that does not need to be replaced on a regular schedule is considered a replacement part.

• Examples of consumables are: brake pads, rotors, tires, wiper blades, air/fuel filters, oil fluid, and oil filters.

• Examples of replacement parts are: A/C compressor, alternator, brake caliper, steering rack and pinion, power steering pump, transmission, engine, axles, wheel speed sensor.

These are just partial lists of common items. If you'd like some assistance with this, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come service your vehicle at your home or office.