Q: What am I doing wrong

I have a coolant leak near bottom of motor on passenger side. I have replaced water pump, coolant cap, thermostat, intake gasket and now head gasket. It looked like it's the back head leaking so I took the head out had it serviced and put it back together. Now I still have that leak in the same spot I don't know what to do this makes the 2nd time I have redone the head gasket and it still leaking.

Finding coolant leaks can be tricky, as you have found out. The only mistake I would say you are making is concluding what is leaking. I recommend purchasing or renting a coolant pressure tester from your local parts store if you want to verify this. With this tool you will pressurize the cooling system when the motor is cold and look for the coolant leak with an flashlight and a mirror if necessary.

Sometimes you will need to warm the engine first. But be careful when removing the radiator cap, as hot coolant can be very dangerous.

You also said the leak is in the same spot. What spot is that? Since you have seen it leak once before, don’t do anything else until you are completely certain about the repair. This will save you effort and any costs that are sunk into repairs that are not needed. If you need help, you can book a coolant is leaking inspection with one of our professionals and we’ll help pinpoint the leak and make an appropriate repair.