Q: went to start my car but it sounded like a backfire so it wont start and its cranks really so and backfiring out of throttle body.

so i went to go start my car but when i did it sounded like a air bursted type of noise so i opened the hood and had my girlfriend crank it but it wouldnt start instead it was cranking really slow and back firing out of my throttle. it was running fine the night before its my daily never has let me down it only has 130000 miles and always been serviced and taking care of. people told me it was the timing belt i opened the cover its still in tacked what should i do next ?

Hi Johny. Backfiring is the process of a spark plug, or multiple spark plugs, igniting the fuel in their cylinder out of turn, in a part of the combustion process where the exhaust valve is open on that cylinder. This can be caused by the fuel trim being too rich, carbon build-up on spark plug tips, a cracked distributor cap or other ignition timing problem. The best advice I would offer is to set up a car is hard to start inspection, so they can isolate the source of this problem and recommend the right repairs.

3. went to start my car but it sounded like a backfire so it wont start and its cranks really so and backfiring out of throttle body.