Q: Well my car started right up last night I drove it to various place then I went home & when I woke up it would'nt start

Well my car started right up last night I drove it to various place then I went home & when I woke up it would'nt start

A: I would start with testing your battery and...

I would start with testing your battery and alternator with a multi meter. Good batteries hold a charge of 12.6 volts or higher. If the battery is low, try to jump start it. If this starts your vehicle, test your alternator to ensure it is maintaining at least 14 volts. Alternators testing below 14 volts would likely be damaging to your battery. If jump starting didn't work, listen closely when you turn the key. Do you hear a single click? If so, then it is probably your starter. A quick diagnostic trick for your starter is to use a metal object, like a small hammer, and knock on your starter as someone turns the key. Most of the time, this will start your vehicle. If you need any assistance, enlist in a qualified professional.

Recommended services
Get a Quote