Q: Weird sound when I push the brakes. Replaced my brakes 5 months ago.

Brakes replaced 5 months ago and now when I push on them it make a a weird sound on the front left side. What do I need to do to fix my problem? How would I go about seeing what is wrong without paying hundreds of dollars for a mechanic to look.

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. After replacing the brakes on your vehicle, the left side could have the wheel loose on the lug nuts or the wheel hub bearings could be going out. Lift the vehicle up and check the front lug nuts for proper torque.

Make sure that the wheel is aligned up correctly to the hub. Then spin the wheel and listen for any sounds that may occur. If the sound is at the wheel, look with a flashlight at the brakes to see if they are rubbing. If the brakes are not rubbing, then remove the wheel and spin the wheel hub. If you feel any type of small grinding from the wheel hub, then the wheel bearings are worn out and need replaced. If you need assistance verifying the cause of the sound, then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to guide with repairs.

• Weird sound when I push the brakes. Replaced my brakes 5 months ago.