Q: Weird sound from air filter

My car makes a wheezing sound when I turn the car off, it sound as if it's coming from the air filter or something it's odd, do I need to replace my filter? It's been cleaned before but is it bad should it be replaced?

Hello. You are going to want to inspect the vehicle for a vacuum leak. These can occur in several places. Secondly check all of the hoses involved with the PCV. These may be cracked or damaged. Gasses can build up in the engine’engine’s crankcase, and the positive crankcase ventilation valve is a one way channel to relieve those built up gasses. If the pressure being released is escaping through a crack or bad seal, it will make a whistle. If the hoses are ok, you may want to check into the valve itself and make sure it is working correctly. Again, the sounds you are hearing are likely related to a vacuum leak or positive crankcase ventilation valve issues. Further testing will be needed.

3. Weird sound from air filter