Q: Weird noise coming from engine

when i turn the car wheel to the right, a weird supercharger noise comes and stays even after the the steering wheel is straight. When I rev the engine, the whining noise becomes louder.

A: Whining from the engine compartment can com...

Whining from the engine compartment can come from a number of components. Power steering pump, water pump, and alternator all have bearings that can develop noises as they wear. Also, the serpentine belt and/or belt tensioner can be worn and create noises. Make sure the power steering fluid level is correct. Also possible - but rare - is the timing chain and/or tensioners making noise due to irregular wear.

If things visually appear normal - power steering fluid level, serpentine belt - then it may be best to have a certified technician look into the engine noise to isolate the exact cause.