Q: Weird noise

Ok so when I hit the brakes to slow down their is a clunking sound on the driver side. What do you think it is. It's only in the driver's side it seams like. It dosnt do it when it's shifting up. And their is a winding noise when got hit the gas but it only does that when you on the gas but when it shift seams fine going up. Thank you

What you are describing sounds like a failing CV joint. A CV (Constant Velocity) joint is a shaft that connects the transmission to the wheels, essentially transferring the power from the drive train directly to the wheels. The CV joint is packed with a special grease and sealed tight with the rubber or plastic boot, that is held in place with two clamps. The most common problem with the CV joints is when the protective boot cracks or gets damaged. Once this happens, the grease comes out and moisture and dirt get in, causing the CV joint to wear faster and eventually fail due to lack of lubrication and corrosion. When the CV joint becomes damaged or worn, you may hear a clicking, clunking or popping sound coming from this area as the weight of the vehicle puts pressure on this area and shifts back and forth and side to side. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.