Q: Weird noise

When going over 20 mph my truck starts to make a rhythmic thud noise. When I brake, the noise stops and when I turn there is no noise. Just want to see if this problem needs fixing right away or if I am good to go

Hi, thanks for writing in. This may be a variety of things ranging from bad or worn wheel bearings to loose or broken suspension parts or potentially a driveline problem. Often times U-joints that have too much clearance in them can cause a thud type sound when the engine RPMs are up and will stop as the car slows down. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home or office to confirm a diagnosis on the issue and make or suggest the necessary repairs or replacements.