Q: Weak heater, is this a defect?

The heater in my 2014 Nissan Rogue is not functioning properly. When I first got the car, it was fall and the heater seemed to be working fine. When winter rolled around, I noticed that the heater could not keep up with cold temperatures. Sometimes the vents on one side would blow hot air and vents on the other side would blow cold air. This is quite disappointing as the vehicle has only 16,000 miles on it. I'm going to have to keep my car for a while, so what can I do to make the heater work better or perhaps better insulate the car?

Having a poorly performing climate control system can be difficult. From what I’ve found, Nissans generally don’t have the best performing climate control when it comes to the heater. You’v stated that it can blow cold on one side and warm on the other. If you have dual zone climate controls, make sure they are set to the same temperature. If the climate zones are set the same, or you have a single zone climate control system, a trip to the dealer might be necessary to check the operation of the climate control and see if Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) NTB14-113 applies to your vehicle.

3. Weak heater, is this a defect?