Q: We've replaced the steering column w a used one ( different key ) will this cause a no start?

Replaced steering column with a used one complete w key will this cause no start and if so what's the process to reset or do we replace key lock cylinder?

This may potentially cause a no start issue as the keys are usually equipped with a microchip in them that is mapped/flashed from the dealer specifically to the vehicle’s computer. I would recommend having the new key re-flashed to the car’s computer by taking it to the dealer where this can be done. If you’d like a second opinion on this, consider having the no start condition inspected firsthand by one of our mobile technicians. Best of luck.

• We've replaced the steering column w a used one ( different key ) will this cause a no start?