Q: we replaced the batteries and got all new heavy duty cable wires, truck will not start just makes a click sound.

Replaced batteries, replaced the battery cables, and truck won't start! Just makes a click sound when you try to start it! Starter won't turn over, and for some reason wait to start light stays on! What could possibly be going on?? Its driving me insane!!

Hey there. This is a common issue on many vehicles when the starter relay is bad. This is a small unit on the starter that directs power from the battery to the starter causing it to engage the flywheel as you turn the key. When this is not working properly, this will cause the clicking sound you describe and the starter will not engage. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose the starting problem and help move forward with repairs.

3. we replaced the batteries and got all new heavy duty cable wires, truck will not start just makes a click sound.