Q: We plugged in my bug for the cold temptures tonight and some white smoke started coming up with a burning smell. W

We plugged in my bug for the cold temptures tonight and some white smoke started coming up with a burning smell. What would cause this

Hi there. If you got this smoke when the block heater was plugged in then it is possible that there is a short in the circuit. In most cases this is caused by a short in the heater circuit, but it can also occur if it is very cold outside. If there was already some frost build up under the hood then that may just be burning off. If it has a burnt smell then it may be a short in the wiring. I usually start by checking the circuit and seeing if I can find where the smoke came from. If the circuit continues to work then it should be easy to find. If you want to have this smoking issue checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [find the source of the smoke] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/smoke-from-engine-or-exhaust-inspection

3. We plugged in my bug for the cold temptures tonight and some white smoke started coming up with a burning smell. W