Q: We have Cadillac DTS when driving a short distance the car will not accelerate over 45 an overheating won't Hold antifreeze

we have 2004 Cadillac DTS when driving a short distance the car will not accelerate over 45 an overheating won't Hold antifreeze when adding antifreeze it doesn't immediately come out but has drained it all within15 minutes

It sounds like you may have a blown cylinder head gasket. A blown head gasket may cause a number of different symptoms. A head gasket that fails between cylinders will generally cause a misfire and potentially compression leaks from one cylinder into another. Low compression will eventually result in a rough idling engine. When the head gasket fails between a cylinder and the coolant port, coolant may leak into the cylinder causing it to be burnt with the fuel charge in the combustion chamber. This often results in misfires on startup, especially after the engine is run, turned off and restarted and in some cases may result in the engine not maintaining enough cylinder compression to even run or start. This type of failure may not always show with a compression test. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to properly diagnose the symptoms you describe.

3. We have Cadillac DTS when driving a short distance the car will not accelerate over 45 an overheating won't Hold antifreeze