Q: We got gas, and car started making a skipping noise around 30 mph.

We got gas, and car started making a skipping noise around 30 mph.

A: Hello, thanks for writing in. Most of the t...

Hello, thanks for writing in. Most of the time when this occurs right after getting fuel it is because the fuel pump failed. It is very common for a fuel pump that has gotten hot from low fuel level to fail after cool new fuel is added to the fuel tank. I usually check the fuel pressure first. If it is fine then the ignition system needs to be checked. As that point if nothing is found then the computer needs to be scanned for codes and to see what the sensors are reading. This may indicate what is actually going on. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.