Q: water pump pulley

The car is making a grinding sound where the water pump pulley is located. Do I need to replace the pullley, the water pump or both?

Hello, The water pump bearing is the most likely cause of the grinding noise. You should inspect the pulley, but it should be okay. If you are replacing the water pump then also replace the thermostat at the same time if it has not been changed recently.This is common practice to replace the thermostat with the water pump. A mechanic from YourMechanic can come to your home to replace the water pump as well as your thermostat

3. water pump pulley