Q: Water pump leaking and no pressure in the engine head

Yesterday, the engine and VHC lights came on. Later, while driving to the dealership, the lights went off, but then back on. The mechanic told me that the engine light is due to the water pump leaking. Later, he called and said that the engine wouldn't start and they wanted to keep it to check out more. Next, he called to say that there wasn't any pressure in the engine head. He called Lexus since this is so expensive, but they wouldn't help. During a previous maintenance I had an oil change, fluid levels checked, brakes were checked, etc. Any advice you can give me would be very appreciated.

You did not mention if the engine was having any running issues other than the two lights coming on. Without knowing the codes that were stored and the actual problems causing the cylinder head to have no compression or coolant leaks, I cannot know the problem they encountered. I would recommend calling and talking to Lexus yourself to see if they can help you. They may help you pay for the repair if you call.

3. Water pump leaking and no pressure in the engine head