Q: Q: Water Pump Issue

My water pump belt does't turn? and it's brand new the other one worked fine but this one doesn't turn so my car starts to overheat

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 1993 Mazda Miata. You need to remove the water pump belt and see if the alternator or water pump is seized since both are turned by the same belt. If the water pump is not turning, then replace the water pump. If you had the pump originally repaired by someone else, the water pump may not have been installed properly. You could take the car back to them to see what they can do. If you’d like to have an independent mobile mechanic take a look, an expert technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the overheating problem and make any necessary adjustments.

3. Q: Water Pump Issue