Q: Water pump

Hello, I just bought a 2013 RAV4 XLE AWD, Toyota certified preowned, 1 previous owner, leased. The problem I am having is that I just noticed on the CarFax that the water pump was replaced at only 35,000 prior to sale. I've never heard of this. Is this a red flag for the vehicle? Did I buy a car that will be a lemon down the road? Why does a water pump need to be replaced so soon? is this something I should worry about? All of my previous cars have never needed this service done so soon. Please advise. Thanks for your help.

Hi, thanks for writing in. The water pump is not a common part to get replaced so soon, unless the water pump had a leak from another cause. I recommend checking the vehicle cooling system to make sure it is clean and no signs of overheating are present. You should have no problems.