Q: Water pump

Hello, I just bought a 2013 RAV4 XLE AWD, Toyota certified preowned, 1 previous owner, leased. The problem I am having is that I just noticed on the CarFax that the water pump was replaced at only 35,000 prior to sale. I've never heard of this. Is this a red flag for the vehicle? Did I buy a car that will be a lemon down the road? Why does a water pump need to be replaced so soon? is this something I should worry about? All of my previous cars have never needed this service done so soon. Please advise. Thanks for your help.

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. The water pump i...

Hi, thanks for writing in. The water pump is not a common part to get replaced so soon, unless the water pump had a leak from another cause. I recommend checking the vehicle cooling system to make sure it is clean and no signs of overheating are present. You should have no problems.