Q: Water leak - Nissan Van

When I fill the radiator the water pours out. Not from its hoses but from a pin hole in the exhaust pipe down under the middle of the truck. There is no water in the oil. What is the problem?

Hello, thanks for writing in about your Nissan Van. If water is coming out of the exhaust system when you pour in coolant then you either have a cracked head or a bad head gasket. This can be verified if system is pressure tested to see if it will hold pressure or not.

If you’re unable to do this yourself, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home to diagnose the coolant leak firsthand and help you make the necessary repairs.