Q: Water bottle 2002 Ford

I went on a short drive and when my car was sitting ticking over I could see steam coming from bonnet so I opened it up and the water from the water tank was overflowing and coming out from near the cap? But when I switch engine off all my coolest had disappeared

Hi there - your vehicle has already been overheating, with some coolant loss already. This is why the coolant in the reservoir is being pulled back into the engine when it cools down. Refill and bleed the cooling system, let it warm up to operating temperature, then look to see where coolant is leaking to determine where repairs are needed. For assistance with this process, I would recommend a cooling system inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.