Q: washed #8 cylinder

How much would it cost to get a washed #8 cylinder to be fixed or replaced

A washed cylinder indicates there has been a large amount of unburned fuel introduced into the cylinder. This usually is a result of a no spark condition which will not ignite the fuel in that cylinder. If this is indeed an accurate assessment of your condition, the first thing that needs to happen is diagnosing why there isn’t any spark and repairing it.

Addressing the washed cylinder is actually quite simple. A washed cylinder creates low compression in that cylinder. Just squirt some oil into the cylinder and it will help the rings seal. Keep in mind not to squirt in so much that the cylinder will hydro lock. It does take a lot of oil to hydro lock it a cylinder, so be sure to squirt plenty in. Once the cylinder begins to fire, expect to see a lot of smoke out the tail pipe. So be sure to start it outside and away from anything or anyone it will disturb. Keep it running at a high idle until the smoke clears. When the smoke begins to subside, go for a test drive.

Knowing how much this will be greatly depends on why the cylinder is washed. In other words, why it doesn’t have spark. This will require a mechanic to diagnose the issue.

3. washed #8 cylinder