Q: Was they right

My transmission fluid was leaking and I went to have it fix.. Then I just found out that they bypass my transmission cooler.. Now its jerking and trying to shut off.. Did they fix it right or no

A: Your car has two coolers, one in the radiat...

Your car has two coolers, one in the radiator, and one in front of the radiator. The one out front is the one that is more likely to leak.

There are three options to repair the leak. First, you could replace the cooler with the same one from Hyundai. This is the simplest and the best repair in my opinion. The part may be on the expensive side though. The second option would be to replace the cooler with an aftermarket one. It will look very different from the original and it will need to mounted in a different way. The part is cheaper, but the labor will be more. The third is to bypass the cooler. This should only be done if you can not afford the other two options, or would only like a temporary fix. The leak will be repaired, but the cooler is there for a reason. Too much heat will ruin a transmission quickly, but not immediately.

A malfunction from the engine, or the transmission could cause the symptoms you are describing. If I were to guess, it sounds like the engine is not running properly. It could be totally unrelated to the repair of the leak. On the other hand, there is no way to know without inspecting the car in person. If I were in your situation, I would get a second opinion. If the shop that repaired the leak bypassed the cooler without giving you the other options for the repair, I would hesitate to use there services again.

If you want to have this looked at again, consider YourMechanic, we can provide a diagnostic for your car's jerking issue and make any repairs that are needed to get your car back safely on the road.