Q: Was driving my F150 home at night, my lights got dim and it died at a stop light, tried to jump it, had it running again but when

Was driving my F150 home at night, my lights got dim and it died at a stop light, tried to jump it, had it running again but when I hit the break and put it in gear it died again, so I replaced the battery and made it home. The battery light is on, even after I replaced the battery. I've driven it a bit since, and I've started it in the drive way with no problems. Was this just a battery issue or is there a problem with the alternator too?

Hi there. Most of the time, this type of issue is caused by a malfunction within the alternator or charging system. It’s possible that an electrical connection or relay that transfers power from the alternator to accessories is damaged, or that the alternator was damaged itself. You might want to have a professional mobile mechanic complete a battery won’t hold a charge inspection first, so they can trace what is damaged and recommend the right repairs.

3. Was driving my F150 home at night, my lights got dim and it died at a stop light, tried to jump it, had it running again but when