Q: Warning lights on very often, what can stop it?

I keep getting warnings on my dashboard about checking and servicing the stabilitrak in my 2012 GMC Sierra. This truck has just under 35,000 miles on it and this has happened before. I brought it in to be serviced the last time this happened and they checked on everything and reset the warning light. Now it is on again! How can I fix this so I am not dealing with this every couple thousand miles?

My first suggestion would be to take it in and have tested if you are still under basic 3 year 36,000 mile warranty. If you are out of warranty then contact YourMechanic and get a diagnostic test done and pinpoint test done for any codes received. You would then have an idea of the repairs needed. I have seen where there could be one of many codes stored in computer memory and if the light is on then there is a code stored. The problem this system has seen with other owners is the control module, pump motor and sensor replacement. I can only recommend you get it tested and diagnosed so you do not waste money and time throwing parts at something that could be as simple as a brake light bulb out.