Q: Warning lights not showing up after a battery drain

After accidentally leaving my lights on, my friend and I used jumper cables. After it started, 'all' of the warning lights came on. And then, on top of that, when I started driving, it would only accelerate about a mile-an-hour! What is the problem?

The computer is in a failure mode after you jump started due to the low voltage condition. If after the battery gets some of the charge back and you shut the car off and restart it, the systems should go back to operating normal again. The computer is just protecting itself. If the problem continues even after the battery is recharged and the engine is restarted, then you may have damaged the computer system from an improper jump start or an over voltage surge. If this is the case, then seek professional mechanical help for a thorough diagnosis of your warning lights in person.

3. Warning lights not showing up after a battery drain