Q: Warning lights come on and van stops accelerating

At various times, the traction control warning light comes on my van’s instrument panel while driving. Then my van stops accelerating and then loses power steering and also the brakes; then it stalls. The ABS and oil lights both come on. I then have to stop, turn it off, and then restart it; after that, it operates normally. I have taken it into the dealership many times but they could not duplicate the problem. Even a Ford investigator test drove it and it would not occur for him either. What do you advise that I can do to find someone who can fix my van?

As you have found, this can be a nasty problem to solve, since many vehicle systems that affect this outcome are interconnected: Traction Control (TCS), ABS, etc. One approach that may still be worth pursuing (that may not have been done or done correctly), is clearing the TCS and ABS systems of any codes and disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes or so, reconnecting the battery, then going through a "re-learn sequence. Your Mercury dealer should have this "re-learn" procedure available to them. There are 2 letters from Ford/Mercury to dealer regarding "short-term" TCS activation. Contact your dealer and discuss this approach with them.