Q: Warning light intermittently appears when in Drive

The CPU has been replaced in my car. When I’m in ‘Drive’ suddenly the Drive icon (with a line through it) will begin to flash. When I shift to 3rd gear, the car drives fine with good performance. Sometimes the problem will vanish when I turn the motor off and then restart my car. Also, at various times I can drive for a while in 3rd and then shift into Drive and everything works well. It is a very intermittent problem. Can you tell me what is causing this? Thanks.

Hello. If this problem started right after the CPU was replaced, then it is usually because it was not programmed correctly. If it was installed correctly and programmed, then the connections at the battery and the ground connections need to be tightened and cleaned. This will usually fix this issue on your 2008 Suzuki Reno. If it persists, then further electrical testing will be needed, as there is an electrical problem occurring. If you are going to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the Warning Light and make the necessary repairs.

3. Warning light intermittently appears when in Drive