Q: Wanting to put dual tanks on it

Hello my name is Tommy I have an 05 Suburban 1500 two wheel drive that I have put on an 01 2500 four wheel drive frame with dual tanks can I just pin the second fuel tank into the computer or do I have to eliminate it I have the wiring diagram and the pins in the computer are # 3 tan wire # 73 blue wire on connector 2 or what all do I need to do

Hi there. You could pin in the second fuel tank’s fuel pump and have the pump work. First, check the pins for power to them on the main fuel tank and see what the voltage is and how the voltage regulates. Then check the pins to the secondary fuel tank and make sure that they have the same functions as the other fuel tank pins. This way you will not have any problems with the fuel pump. If you need further assistance troubleshooting your vehicle, then seek out a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, that can assist you with the secondary fuel pump installation.