Q: Want to upgrade to newer motor. 350 vortec. What is the most cost effective way? 1987 Chevrolet R10

I have throttle bodie 305 and want to upgrade to a vortec 350. What is the most cost effective way. Crate engine or used engine and have it rebuilt. I want an every day driver but also want a little more power.

Hi - this can be a highly argued question - but many find a "crate" motor to be a good way to go. They are available in a variety of configurations and horsepower ratings, have a warranty honored at any GM dealer, and are pretty reasonable overall. Rebuilding an engine is not inexpensive, and risks many "gotchas" you don’t discover until everything is apart, and you already have money in the project. Write the check, install, and enjoy!

• Want to upgrade to newer motor. 350 vortec. What is the most cost effective way? 1987 Chevrolet R10